Rail 9.9 is our best long-travel electric mountain bike. You get an extra-beefy carbon frame, unbelievably smooth RockShox suspension, SRAM's best wireless electronic drivetrain, and a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX motor with an extra-long range battery and the new smart system LED remote and Kiox display that pair with the eBike Flow app to give you activity tracking, navigation, and Bluetooth connectivity.
It's right for you if...
You want to spare no expense on your e-MTB experience. You want the most adjustability, smoothest performance, longest range, and most high-tech electric assist you can get. You love customization and want all the cool features of the Bosch smart system, and you want wireless electronic shifting.
The tech you get
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750Wh battery, ultra-adjustable RockShox ZEB Ultimate fork, RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock, and SRAM XX1 AXS drivetrain. You get Bosch's new smart system Performance Line CX with a new Bluetooth LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app, plus TyreWiz and AirWiz pressure monitoring.
The final word
Rail 9.9 is all about top-shelf tech. RockShox's best enduro fork, Bosch's biggest battery, the smooth shifting of XX1 AXS, an updated frame, TyreWiz and AirWiz pressure monitoring, plus Bosch's latest tech with smart system.
Why you'll love it
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customization at your fingertips
- TyreWiz and AirWiz let you confirm your tires, fork, and shock are at the right pressure at a glance. No more getting the pump or gauge out just to check
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The new frame is extra stout with a 34.9mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly eMTB-optimized forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
|D. Effective Top Tube||60||63.8||67.1||60.1||63.9||67.3|
|E. Head Tube Angle||64.6°||64.6°||64.6°||64.2°||64.2°||64.2°|
|F. Head Tube Length||11||12.5||14||11||12.5||14|
|G. Seat Tube Angle||71.2°||71.2°||71.2°||70.8°||70.8°||70.8°|
|I. Bottom Bracket Height||34.6||34.6||34.6||34.1||34.1||34.1|
|J. Bottom Bracket Drop||2.7||2.7||2.7||3.3||3.3||3.3|
|O. Chainstay Length||44.7||44.7||44.7||44.8||44.8||44.8|
|Effective Seat Tube Angle||77.1°||77.1°||77.1°||76.7°||76.7°||76.7°|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon, Removable Integrated Battery, 150mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox ZEB Ultimate, 160mm travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3, Thru Shaft|
|Wheels||Bontrager Line Pro 30, OCLV Mountain Carbon, Rapid Drive 108|
|Tires||Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, 29x2.50"|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, 12 speed|
|Brakes||SRAM Code RSC 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb AXS dropper|
|Motor||Bosch Performance CX|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 750|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Carbon Red Smoke/Viper Red / Large||601842702567||5265814||RAI37406333D|
|Trek Black/Marigold to Red Fade / Medium||601842702659||5265805||RAI41343536E|